What a lady wants the most is an up-to-date jewelry wardrobe. Whenever you clean your wardrobe, it is important that you remove the old jewelry and you can see a difference from time to time. An organized closet not only help you to find you to find your pieces of jewelry quick but also help in making your dressing easier every morning.
Here are a few tips on how to easily update your jewelry wardrobe.
Will you keep, donate, throw away, fix or sell your outdated jewelry? You need to go through your closet occasionally and churn out everything keeping in mind you have to do away with what is outdated and remain stylish and up-to-date. Ask yourself why you haven’t worn certain earrings, for several months then you can find out whether you will ever wear it again.
If it is damaged, you can have it fixed. If it is old, you can throw it away. You can also sell your jewelry and buy new ones or donate to the less fortunate or simply give to your friends. There are many ways to keep your jewelry wardrobe updated, but it all starts with the cleanup.
Host a wardrobe exchange
If you realize there is a ton of jewelry you have not used for a long time, what would you do? Host a wardrobe exchange a friend. If your collection is huge enough, this is what to do;
- Invite a friend or two depending on the size of your wardrobe, but never mind you can take advantage of the opportunity to meet new friends as well.
- Ask them to come along with certain items and specify to them that the pieces must be clean and in good shape. The jewelry must have no stains or holes. Don’t ask for too much, ask them to bring at least five pieces.
- Make your wardrobe exchange small occasion fun with lots of appetizers and a champagne.
- Group your jewelry when your visitors start to arrive. Have the items in groups, for instance, earrings, bracelets, pendants, necklaces, rings, etc.
- Now exchange the jewelry. If you came with three, you take three back. The more you came with, the more you get.
- This is the best way to have new jewelry without spending much money.
A break-in to your sister’s or mum’s wardrobe
This is much easier if your family stays together. However, feel free to ask your mum or aunt or sister if you can have a look at her jewelry closet. From there, you can find incredible things hidden. In fact, you can end up finding a 20-year-old jewelry that looks really amazing on you. Unlike with clothes, you cannot raid your dad’s closet as men rarely wear jewelry.
Do It Yourself
So far, this is the best way to update your jewelry collection. There are so many pieces of jewelry on the streets that are fun and might look amazing. And the best part, you don’t have to shop so expensively. The jewelry on the street are just as perfect and they cost friendly too.